Sat, Jul 13|
Trout Stalker Ranch
Out of the Box Horsemanship Clinic
Dare to step out of your horsemanship box! We will explore ways to integrate "alternative" training techniques into our horsemanship. Learn how things like positive reinforcement, liberty work, bridleless riding, trick training, etc. can complement traditional natural horsemanship techniques.
Time & Location
Jul 13, 2019, 9:00 AM – Jul 14, 2019, 4:00 PM
Trout Stalker Ranch, Chama, NM 87520, USA
About the event
In this clinic, we'll explore ways to integrate "alternative" training techniques into our horsemanship. Learn how things like positive reinforcement, liberty work, bridleless riding (which is just riding LESS with your bridle), trick training, etc. can complement traditional natural horsemanship techniques.
Investment for Participants: $400 for the whole weekend (details of what is included in the weekend below)
*limited to 10 participants, contact email at email@example.com to register.
***Bring a friend or your significant other (Jess' hubby is coming for the fishing!) and let them enjoy fishing and exploring the ranch while you ride. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in other offerings for the weekend.
Investment for Auditors: $50/day lunch included (details of what is included in the weekend below)
This two-day clinic will include:
2 full days of fun bonding and learning with your horse companion!
(OR borrow one of our ranch ambassador horses for the weekend!)
This clinic will be outdoors, so plan accordingly. There is a chance of afternoon storms, but we will have a delay and go farther into the evening if that is the case. If weather causes us to cancel the clinic, the rain date will be determined.
- this is a groundwork and riding clinic
- explore ways to integrate "alternative" training techniques into our horsemanship
- learn how things like positive reinforcement
- liberty work
- bridleless riding (which is just riding LESS with your bridle)
- trick training
- how all these techniques can complement traditional natural horsemanship
- morning session from 9am to noon will be groundwork
- afternoon session from 1p-4p will be riding
- Lunch Break: Jessica will do a liberty and trick work demo with one of her mustangs
- obstacle course training at the TSR's "horse playground” including water elements and bridges!
- open to all disciplines and all levels or horses and riders
- horses need to be going under saddle since we will ride in the afternoon, but green horses are welcome!
About the Accommodations
Included in the $400 Participant Fee:
- an overnight stay on Saturday night in our spacious off-grid bell tents (additional nights may be purchased for $25) ***there is a maximum of 4 people sharing a bell tent, each bedroom space is partitioned creating a cozy retreat, we will have sun showers and a nice outhouse for folks to clean up at, but our offerings are off-grid and primitive.
OR the option to bring your own camping gear and camp on Trout Stalker Ranch's land (additional nights may be purchased for $25)
OR you may bring a living quarters trailer to stay in (additional nights may be purchased for $25) ***We do not have plugins for electric, but you may bring a generator.
- outdoor box stall for 1 horse (additional stalls may be purchased for $25) ***We provide water buckets & water. You are responsible for mucking your own stall. We provide muck rakes and muck buckets. We DO NOT provide feed, grain buckets or hay. Our outdoor stalls are uncovered, 4 pole preifert fencing with arena sand as the bedding, very safe!
- ***We have the right to turn away any horse that appears to be sick.
- meals included:
-light continental style breakfast Saturday morning & Sunday morning
-snacks, water & fruit throughout the clinic
-crafted lunch each day provided by our sister restaurant Chama Local
-Saturday dinner is not included, but we will be gathering as a casual group for dinner off-ranch at our sister restaurant Chama Local (Everyone picks up their own bill for dinner. This is an open invitation to gather, but you are not obligated to join if you are needing some down time. We have no kitchen access at the bell tents.)
Not Included in the $400 Participant Fee:
- If you are traveling in from afar we are more than happy to have you arrive on Friday afternoon (after 2pm) for an additional fee ***please have clear communication with Brittany about your travel plans and estimated time of arrival
- additional nights stays ($25/person/night)
- Dinner Friday, Dinner Saturday & Dinner Sunday (Friday-on your own, Saturday we will gather together at Chama Local (OR you may choose to be on your own, Sunday-on your own)
- additional stalls ($25/horse for the weekend)
Included in the $50 Day Auditor Fee:
- If you purchase your tickets beforehand, we will provide a crafted lunch each day by our sister restaurant Chama Local
- If you purchase your auditor tickets the day of please pack your own lunch
- Auditor Fees do NOT include an overnight stay, but may be purchased for $25/night/person
If you have any questions or would like a detailed schedule of the event, please reach out to our Ranch Manager, Brittany at email@example.com
Participant (Full Investment)
Please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
1 Day Audit
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. Enjoy learning new horsemanship skills along the sidelines. lunch included.
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. Enjoy learning new horsemanship skills along the sidelines. lunch included both days.
Additional Night Stay
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. If you are traveling from afar, come in on Friday afternoon and stay in our off-grid bell tent or camp on Friday night, so you have a good nights rest under the stars and a relaxed morning! Choose this option as well if you are an auditor that will be spending the night with us on Saturday night.
Additional Horse Stall Fee
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. This is for folks that have a buddy horse or an additional horse they would like to bring for the weekend. This is a 1 time fee for the additional stall for the 2nd horse.