Sat, Jun 22|
Trout Stalker Ranch
Practical Trail Clinic
Spend a fun weekend with trainer Patty Wilber improving your horsemanship skills and applying them to adventures on the trail!
Time & Location
Jun 22, 2019, 9:00 AM – Jun 23, 2019, 4:00 PM
Trout Stalker Ranch, Chama, NM 87520, USA
About the event
Spend a fun weekend at the stunning Trout Stalker Ranch with trainer Patty Wilber improving your horsemanship skills and applying them to adventures on the trail! Patty is a trainer whose horses not only excel in ranch riding and cattle show events, but can also do a hard day’s work in the backcountry riding or packing!
Investment for Participants: $300 for the whole weekend (details of what is included in the weekend below)
Investment for Auditors: $50/day lunch included (details of what is included in the weekend below)
This two-day clinic will include:
2 full days of fun bonding and learning with your horse companion!
(OR borrow one of our ranch ambassador horses for the weekend!)
- arena time working on skills essential for safe trail riding
- obstacle course training at the TSR's "horse playground” including water elements and bridges!
- trail riding with an emphasis on applying skills to trail challenges
- demonstration of packing equipment
- how to high line your horse safely
- what to bring on trail rides in the backcountry
About the Accommodations
Included in the $300 Participant Fee:
- an overnight stay on Saturday night in our spacious off-grid bell tents (additional nights may be purchased for $25) ***there is a maximum of 4 people sharing a bell tent, each bedroom space is partitioned creating a cozy retreat, we will have sun showers and a nice outhouse for folks to clean up at, but our offerings are off-grid and primitive.
OR the option to bring your own camping gear and camp on Trout Stalker Ranch's land (additional nights may be purchased for $25)
OR you may bring a living quarters trailer to stay in (additional nights may be purchased for $25) ***We do not have plugins for electric, but you may bring a generator.
- outdoor box stall for 1 horse (additional stalls may be purchased for $25) ***We provide water buckets & water. You are responsible for mucking your own stall. We provide muck rakes and muck buckets. We DO NOT provide feed, grain buckets or hay. Our outdoor stalls are uncovered, 4 pole preifert fencing with arena sand as the bedding, very safe!
- ***We have the right to turn away any horse that appears to be sick.
- meals included:
-light continental style breakfast Saturday morning & Sunday morning
-snacks, water & fruit throughout the clinic
-crafted lunch each day provided by our sister restaurant Chama Local
-Saturday dinner is not included, but we will be gathering as a casual group for dinner off-ranch at our sister restaurant Chama Local (Everyone picks up their own bill for dinner. This is an open invitation to gather, but you are not obligated to join if you are needing some down time. We have no kitchen access at the bell tents.)
Not Included in the $300 Participant Fee:
- If you are traveling in from afar we are more than happy to have you arrive on Friday afternoon (after 2pm) for an additional fee ***please have clear communication with Brittany about your travel plans and estimated time of arrival
- additional nights stays ($25/person/night)
- Dinner Friday, Dinner Saturday & Dinner Sunday (Friday-on your own, Saturday we will gather together at Chama Local (OR you may choose to be on your own, Sunday-on your own)
- additional stalls ($25/horse for the weekend)
Included in the $50 Day Auditor Fee:
- If you purchase your tickets beforehand, we will provide a crafted lunch each day by our sister restaurant Chama Local
- If you purchase your auditor tickets the day of please pack your own lunch
- Auditor Fees do NOT include an overnight stay, but may be purchased for $25/night/person
Check out Patty’s blog, the Write Horse, published on WordPlay every Friday.
If you have any questions or would like a detailed schedule of the event, please reach out to our Ranch Manager, Brittany at email@example.com
Participant (Final Payment)
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. For those of you that paid a deposit, this is your final payment option. Please pay by June 8th.
Saturday Evening Dinner
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. Saturday evening woodfire oven pizza from Local Motion, dessert & a soft drink at the Road House.
Additional Night Stay
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. If you are traveling from afar, come in on Friday afternoon and stay in our off-grid bell tent or camp on Friday night, so you have a good nights rest under the stars and a relaxed morning! Choose this option as well if you are an auditor that will be spending the night with us on Saturday night.
Additional Horse Stall Fee
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. This is for folks that have a buddy horse or an additional horse they would like to bring for the weekend. This is a 1 time fee for the additional stall for the 2nd horse.
Please sign up for our waiting list! If anyone falls through we will contact you to join us for the weekend! This will also allow us to gauge the additional interest to see if we should host another Practical Trail Clinic this fall. Thank you for your time and interest.
1 Day Audit
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. Enjoy learning new horsemanship skills along the sidelines. lunch included.
Includes NM tax of 6.875%. Enjoy learning new horsemanship skills along the sidelines. lunch included both days.